Monday, October 8, 2012

Breaking the Monotony


Hello everyone, I'm back finally and ready to blog after a long freakin' weekend of strange happenings, gaming, and bonfires. So, let's begin...

Let's start off with happenings going on in my life, yesterday I went to a friends 17th b-day party. We had this awesome bonfire and would occasionally go into his barn where the second floor was decked out with all sorts of fun stuff like wheelie chairs, a volleyball net, and he also had a blowdart gun that people kept trying to kill each other with. That thing got seriously fun when we kept shooting it into people's styrofoam cups that had their hot chocolate in. We literally perferated their cups and after that, we used a punching bag as a shooting target. One of the kids scared me cause practically all of his shots would land around the crotch area. Then after that, we messed around for a while with a golf cart, pretended to run someone over, tried to fit seven kids in two seats (with six boys and one girl. THAT wasn't awkward at all...), then finished the night with cake. Good times, good times...

Moving on, I recently finished Metroid: Other M. I was surprised at how close I was to finishing the game when I got bored of it. All in all, it wasn't too bad, but the voice acting was indeed atrocious. Like, seriously, Samus's voice actor made it sound like she was half braindead and on top of that, just the mere fact that she had a voice at all kinda ruined her silent hero image she's kept up for years now. They spoiled many many things with this game, but one thing I was impressed with was the game's sensemove and the Overblast. Some of those kill shots were absolutely brutal and would have me wanting more after every killshot. They captured the fast-paced and brutally epic battles of Metroid, they captured that damned well. Too bad they couldn't have at least given a way to move in first-person mode. That sucked so bad that I couldn't give words to explain how much I was annoyed about that. Rarely ever did I use that feature because it almost got me killed more times than it was worth. Overall, I give the game a C+ at least. It was fun, but not a game I'll pick up for a while.

And continuing with games, I'm going to preorder Black Ops 2. Yes, you just read that right, yes I expect to be given grief for doing it, but I don't care. I think it looks promising and I'm going to give it a shot. They've given the game quite an overhaul, and a creative touch that kinda draws me in (walking tanks anyone?). I really want to play the zombies campaign though, Black Ops zombies mode was epic and fun, and I remember back when one of my friends and I would literally play every damn day and never get tired of it. Lol, and we'd be bouncin' to trance while doing it too. I remember one day when I showed him the trance remix of the Lugia Theme and I swear, for three hours of zombie horde after zombie horde, we were freakin' invincible. I think it was the music lol.

And now we get into manga and anime. Recently I've found a few copies of the Chobits Omnibus 1 at my local bookstore and was tempted to pick it up to go along with my DVDs of the anime. I found the anime to be interesting and humorous and pretty epic towards the end. I was tempted to pick it up until I looked at the price tag on the back. I had the money with me, but since there were a few copies left, I figured I'd save my money for Black Ops. As far as anime itself went, my friend tried to show me Blue Exorcist on Crackle but my terrible connection wouldn't let me watch it, so I told myself I'd watch it on the Youtube app on my PS3 when I got the chance. Watching the first episode, I was skeptical about it. When it got to the church part I was thinking, "Oh boy...we're gonna get religious with it...joy..." but when the perverted minds rose, so did the humor and my interest in the show. I will admit, I was fooled, I really did think it was going to be a boring religious anime. I will need to watch some more of that once I finish Murder Princess.




One more thing to finish this off, recently my favorite portable CD player broke and I was forced to buy a new one. This new one is interesting, some CDs it will make a slight static noise for those loud songs, notably my Blazblue soundtracks. Guess it can't take the which is epicly epic. So that will wrap up my blog, see ya'll later!

2 comments: